API Integration Engineer
Innsbruck, the capital of the Alps, Austria • Full-time
Cropster is the market leader in software for the speciality coffee industry. We work with farmers, exporters, importers and roasters in over 90 countries around the world to help them deliver a better cup of coffee in a sustainable way.
We’re a fast growing business that is highly focused on our customers and the benefits we can bring them through close collaboration—with a successful history of over 10 years. We also believe that work-life balance is more than a catch phrase, it is a part of our success. We encourage empowerment and taking over responsibilities. We provide our team with room to grow within our organization, to develop their interests and expertise whatever their current experience level. We offer fair, competitive, and transparent pay. The range for this position is €39K to €54K gross and we look at factors like your experience and individual qualifications to determine our offer, which includes benefits like an educational budget and an endless stream of really great coffee. We also make our best possible offer upfront—no games.
Join us and be part of a great team focused on developing Cropster’s expanding product line, which includes a native desktop application that helps coffee roasters, a mobile application for sensorial tasting and a comprehensive cloud application for managing and analyzing coffee related data and more.
About the role
As an API Integration engineer you will lead and build the data integration for our global clients and projects. We are looking for a hands-on technologist with experience in recognizing technology needs, integration, developing and launching products & solutions. This position focuses on technologies and processes to help our customers integrate our cloud based product portfolio into their enterprise systems landscape, to allow efficient and effective data exchange.
In this role you will:
- Manage an API’s life cycle and involvement in integration, implementation and testing of API’s
- Create API documentation
- Attend client calls and translate conceptual system requirements into technical data and integration requirements
- Talk and interact with Enterprises, understand typical Enterprise IT architecture and requirements
- Develop standards and processes to support and facilitate integration projects and initiatives
- Collaborate with team members to assist in the definition of project scope, deliverables, timelines
- Track and communicate the status of personal deliverable throughout the project lifecycle
We are looking for people with:
- BSc, MSc, or PhD in computer science, mathematics, physics, bioinformatics, or related fields or a proven track record in understanding enterprise’s APIs and processes
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience in API integration and testing
- Fluency in a modern object oriented programming language (preferably Java)
- Good communication skills
- A strong command of written and spoken English
That said, we'd be particularly delighted to hire someone with:
- Experience with ERP (e.g. SAP, NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics) integrations
- Additional languages (humane and machine)
More about us
What is it like to work from the Innsbruck office at Cropster?
Our office was carefully and thoughtfully designed to encourage both collaborative work and give you quiet space to focus. In addition to the standard height-adjustable desk, you'll have several spaces throughout the office to work. We often cook and eat together. We don’t eat at our desks. We’re social both in and outside the office.
What is it like to live in Innsbruck?
As the capital of the Austrian Alps in Tyrol, Innsbruck is a world class destination for skiing, snowboarding, hiking, biking, climbing and countless other outdoor activities. It only takes 20 minutes to get from the city center to 2,256 meters above sea level, summer and winter. If you enjoy outdoor sports it is one of the world leaders—we think #1. It also has a great university, lots of bars, cafes and clubs, a good live music scene, an impressive infrastructure and business environment for a city of its size along with a well connected airport. Innsbruck is only 30 minutes from Italy and 45 minutes from Germany. Bottom line, outside the office you are spoiled for choice in Innsbruck.
TL;DR It’s awesome. Seriously.
Flexible hours and work-life balance, what does that mean?
Work-life balance at Cropster means that you'll have time to tend to the life stuff that comes up outside your job. Doctors appointment? Sick kid? Waiting for a handyman? We have all been there and you won't need to plan your life around your working hours to take care of your life. Beside flexible working hours, we also provide the option to work from home if you want or need to. Also 38.5 hour/week are the norm, not the exception. And if there is a big powder day, there is not much stopping you from hitting the slopes.