Employee Experience & Development
Cropster is the market leader in software for the speciality coffee industry. We work with farmers, exporters, importers and roasters in over 90 countries around the world to help them deliver a better cup of coffee in a sustainable way.
We’re a fast growing business that is highly focused on our customers and the benefits we can bring them through close collaboration—with a successful history of over 10 years. We also believe that work-life balance is more than a catch phrase, it is a part of our success. We encourage empowerment and taking over responsibilities. We provide our team with room to grow within our organization, to develop their interests and expertise whatever their current experience level. We offer fair, competitive, and transparent pay. The range for this position is €39K to €54K gross and we look at factors like your experience and individual qualifications to determine our offer, which includes benefits like an educational budget and an endless stream of really great coffee. We also make our best possible offer upfront—no games.
We strongly believe that Employee Experience (EX) is the product of all interactions that every employee has with our organization. It includes everything from the first contact as a potential recruit to the last interaction after the end of employment.
About the role
In your position you will lead human resources projects, advise on HR policies and procedures, address HR inquiries, to guide employee productivity, happiness, personal development, education and company advocacy. We highly value our team, as it is the sum of our skills that makes Cropster successful at building, running and selling world class software.
What you'll do
- Be a trusted advocate for all employees
- Address HR-related inquiries from employees in Austria
- Build a comprehensive recruiting strategy
- Implement and further develop our internal salary system with salary ranges by role
- Advise on a benefits program including bonus and education budget and continually reassess our benefits as we grow
- Guide the development of various HR documents, such as employee handbooks and performance evaluation forms
- Mediate and implement processes between departments to establish fast processes and good collaboration
- Help department leads to design a compensation and career structure that attracts and retains great people
- Create more extensive career development and training programs for our employees
- Collaborate with department leads to create structures and processes to further continuous training for their team
We are looking for people with:
- Completed education with a focus on HR, psychology, sociology or related fields or proven track record in the area
- 3 - 5 years HR experience with dynamic, challenging responsibilities
- Ability and willingness to work at all levels of the HR “stack” – strategic, operational, and tactical
- Good knowledge of Austrian labor law
- A strong command of written and spoken English
More about us
What is it like to work from the Innsbruck office at Cropster?
Our office was carefully and thoughtfully designed to encourage both collaborative work and give you quiet space to focus. In addition to the standard height-adjustable desk, you'll have several spaces throughout the office to work. We often cook and eat together. We don’t eat at our desks. We’re social both in and outside the office.
What is it like to live in Innsbruck?
As the capital of the Austrian Alps in Tyrol, Innsbruck is a world class destination for skiing, snowboarding, hiking, biking, climbing and countless other outdoor activities. It only takes 20 minutes to get from the city center to 2,256 meters above sea level, summer and winter. If you enjoy outdoor sports it is one of the world leaders—we think #1. It also has a great university, lots of bars, cafes and clubs, a good live music scene, an impressive infrastructure and business environment for a city of its size along with a well connected airport. Innsbruck is only 30 minutes from Italy and 45 minutes from Germany. Bottom line, outside the office you are spoiled for choice in Innsbruck.
TL;DR It’s awesome. Seriously.
Flexible hours and work-life balance, what does that mean?
Work-life balance at Cropster means that you'll have time to tend to the life stuff that comes up outside your job. Doctors appointment? Sick kid? Waiting for a handyman? We have all been there and you won't need to plan your life around your working hours to take care of your life. Beside flexible working hours, we also provide the option to work from home if you want or need to. Also 38.5 hour/week are the norm, not the exception. And if there is a big powder day, there is not much stopping you from hitting the slopes.