Events & Brand Experience Specialist (f/m/d)
Innsbruck, Austria • Full-time
Cropster is the market leader in software for the specialty coffee industry. We work with farmers, exporters, importers, and roasters in over 80 countries around the world to help them deliver a better cup of coffee in a sustainable way.
We’re a fast-growing business that is highly focused on our customers and the benefits we can bring them through close collaboration — with a successful history of over 15 years. We also believe that work-life balance is more than a catchphrase, it is a part of our success. We encourage empowerment and taking over responsibilities. We provide our team with room to grow within our organization, to develop their interests and expertise whatever their current experience level. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion and embracing diversity in all its forms. We offer fair, competitive, and transparent pay. The range for this position is € 38K to 45K gross and we look at factors like your experience and individual qualifications to determine our offer, which includes benefits like an educational budget and an endless stream of really great coffee. We also make our best possible offer upfront—no games.
Join us and be part of a great team focused on bringing Cropster’s expanding product line to the international market.
About the role
In your role as an Events and Brand Experience Coordinator at Cropster, you will take a lead role to engage and grow Cropster’s audience through awareness-building, storytelling, and digital and in-person experiences. By engaging with our community you will help to position Cropster as an instrumental partner and the leading software solution within specialty coffee.
In this role, you will report to the Head of Sales and Marketing and work collaboratively with Sales, Content Marketing, Customer Success, and other teams.
What you’ll do
- Establish and articulate company event strategy and manage the assigned budget.
- Maintain an events calendar and coordinate with multiple departments on participation, attendance, and sponsorship opportunities.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate our 2 main global events (the Specialty Coffee Expo & World of Coffee) and different regional trade shows.
- Coordinate fulfillment of event and competition sponsoring commitments (e.g. Roasting Championships, Vienna Coffee Fest, etc.).
- Evaluate and collaborate with Marketing, Sales, and Design on Cropster’s event appearance and product demonstration.
- Source new and sustainable event material and manage the event material inventory.
- Build relationships and be the main touchpoint with vendors, sponsors, and exhibitors.
- Support (regional) Sales and Marketing teams executing local events based on the event plan.
- Collaborate with Sales teams to create strategies for an engagement at (regional) events. Support the implementation of best practices across teams and the adoption of high standards of excellence for all events.
- Organize set up and break down of booth presence and demo equipment for major events.
- Develop a measurement and reporting process to share wins and learnings from events with stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Content Marketing on event promotion and communication as well as with Product Marketing and Sales teams on product demonstration and display.
- Travel up to 20% of your time ( your travel time might include weekends).
We are looking for a person with
- Experienced with planning and executing events, including finding and booking venues, liaising with clients and suppliers, handling logistics, managing budgets and invoicing, organizing accreditation, managing risk, and presenting post-event reports.
- Experience in marketing, brand management, or sales.
- Ability to see the big picture and strategically align events with the global and regional strategy.
- First experience with negotiating event and sponsor contracts and building long-term partnerships.
- Excellent project management skills, creating and working against timelines, and effectively coordinating multiple contributors.
- Technically capable and experienced with selecting and implementing booth setup and product demonstration.
- Flexible, collaborative personality with strong cross-functional communication skills.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in when needed and within the scope of your role.
- ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is – or isn’t—working.
That said, we'd be particularly delighted to hire someone with
- Knowledge of the specialty coffee industry and its event calendar.
- Knowledge of Cropster’s products.
At this point, Cropster will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in Austria/the EU for this opening. For Non-EU applicants: please attach your work permit to your application.
Why you might want to work with us
- We're small, so there are no layers of bureaucracy to work through.
- You can have a huge impact here.
- We care about our people as much as we care about our customers. Work-life balance is not only a catchphrase for us and flex time and home office are a given.
- Feedback equals growth for us. Welcoming and sharing insights help us grow personally and professionally.
- People working in the coffee industry are passionate, open, inspiring, and just pure joy to work with. There are not many industries that can claim that.
- Purpose. Our ❤ beats for coffee and its industry—from producer to barista—and our work has a lasting impact on it.
- We have a deep appreciation for a good cup of coffee and don’t get through the day without (at least) one.
Why you might not want to work with us
- We’re small, we don't have processes for everything. If you need 100% structure and prefer micromanagement, we won't make you happy.
- We grow and move at a steady pace and still learn new things as we go. If you’re reluctant to change and like things the way they are, we’re probably not a perfect match.
- If the things mentioned in the why you might want to work with us section aren’t for you.