Junior Support Engineer (f/m/d)
Innsbruck, Austria • Full-time
Cropster is the market leader in software for the speciality coffee industry. We work with farmers, exporters, importers and roasters in over 90 countries around the world to help them deliver a better cup of coffee in a sustainable way.
We’re a fast growing business that is highly focused on our customers and the benefits we can bring them through close collaboration—with a successful history of over 10 years. We also believe that work-life balance is more than a catch phrase, it is a part of our success. We encourage empowerment and taking over responsibilities. We provide our team with room to grow within our organization, to develop their interests and expertise whatever their current experience level. We offer fair, competitive, and transparent pay. The range for this position starts at 26K gross and we look at factors like your experience and individual qualifications to determine our offer, which includes benefits like an educational budget and an endless stream of really great coffee. We also make our best possible offer upfront—no games.
Join us and be part of a great team focused on developing Cropster’s expanding product line, which includes a native desktop application that helps coffee roasters, a mobile application for sensorial tasting and a comprehensive cloud application for managing and analyzing coffee related data and more.
About the role
Cropster is at its core a customer oriented company where you will be surrounded by highly talented people that care about each other as much as they do about the success of our customers. To keep up and deliver on this promise, we’re looking for a passionate technical problem solver, who understands the value of being customer-oriented and delivers exceptional support services to our customer base.
What you’ll do:
- Act as the initial point of contact for application related concerns from clients or employees.
- Take end-to-end ownership of customers’ technical issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause up to issue resolution
- Help our customers setting up our application and connecting their hardware using remote desktop connections (TeamViewer).
- Collaborate with the development team and 2nd level support on reproducing problems and fixing bugs.
- Write technical documentation and manuals that help our customers thrive with our tools and services.
- Communicate with customers in English and German through email and phone.
At Cropster we give people room to learn and improve, there is no need to know everything from day 1. We encourage beginners to apply and become experts on the job with us.
We are looking for people with:
- Completed vocational training with a focus on IT (apprenticeship, HTL, HAK, IT college)
- Basic knowledge in operating systems (Windows, macOS) and computer networks (TCP/IP, LAN, Routers)
- Ability to explain technical details in a simple way
- Passion for solving customer issues and the desire to help them succeed
- Eager to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- A strong command of written and spoken English
That said, we'd be particularly delighted to hire someone with:
- Experience with technical support, quality assurance, development, or technical account management
- Coding knowledge in any language
- Additional languages (humane and machine)
At this point Cropster will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in Austria for this opening. For Non-EU applicants: please attach your work permit to your application.
More about us
What we offer:
Flexible hours and work-life balance, what does that mean?
Work-life balance at Cropster means that you'll have time to tend to the life stuff that comes up outside your job. Doctors appointment? Sick kid? Waiting for a handyman? We have all been there and you won't need to plan your life around your working hours to take care of your life. Beside flexible working hours, we also provide the option to work from home if you need to. Also 38.5 hour/week are the norm, not the exception.
What is it like to live in Innsbruck?
As the capital of the Austrian Alps in Tyrol, Innsbruck is a world class destination for skiing, snowboarding, hiking, biking, climbing and countless other outdoor activities. It only takes 20 minutes to get from the city center to 2,256 meters above sea level, summer and winter. If you enjoy outdoor sports it is one of the world leaders—we think #1. It also has a great university, lots of bars, cafes and clubs, a good live music scene, an impressive infrastructure and business environment for a city of its size along with a well connected airport. Innsbruck is only 30 minutes from Italy and 45 minutes from Germany. Bottom line, outside the office you are spoiled for choice in Innsbruck.
TL;DR It’s awesome. Seriously.