Product Designer - UX/UI (f/m/d)
Innsbruck / Vienna, Austria • Full-time
We are looking for a User Experience Designer. Someone who can help us improve our customer’s experience using our products so they can produce a better cup of coffee.
Cropster is the market leader in software for the speciality coffee industry. We work with farmers, exporters, importers and roasters in over 80 countries around the world to help them deliver a better cup of coffee in a sustainable way.
We’re a fast growing business that is highly focused on our customers and the benefits we can bring them through close collaboration — with a successful history of over 10 years. We also believe that work-life balance is more than a catch phrase, it is a part of our success. We encourage empowerment and taking over responsibilities. We provide our team with room to grow within our organization, to develop their interests and expertise whatever their current experience level. We offer fair, competitive, and transparent pay. The range for this position is €34K to 46K gross and we look at factors like your experience and individual qualifications to determine our offer, which includes benefits like an educational budget, an endless stream of really great coffee, as well as a company wide bonus based on shared goals. We also make our best possible offer upfront—no games.
Join us and be part of a great team focused on developing Cropster’s expanding product line, which includes a native desktop application that helps coffee roasters, a mobile application for sensorial tasting and a comprehensive cloud application for managing and analyzing coffee related data and more.
About the role
Product designers at Cropster take raw ideas and turn them into something everyone can relate to and rally behind. We start from the very early stages: finding the right problem to tackle, exploring ideas for how to solve it and then refining it into a coherent solution. Our product designers carry out research, brainstorming, sketching, prototyping and collaborate with our product managers and engineers to ship great products. We are empathetic user advocates and incorporate our users’ opinions through interviews, usability testing, and data analysis, as well as wireframing, flowcharting, and journey mapping to show the different stages that customers go through as they come into contact with Cropster.
What you’ll do
- Create concepts and user flows for our products.
- Help organize and conduct user research — users are front and center in our design process.
- Contribute to the Cropster UI with wireframes and prototypes in different fidelity levels, that are consistent with our design language.
- Collaborate with Engineering as your changes are implemented and on-the-fly decisions are needed.
- Support in further developing our design-system.
- Act as a customer advocate while continuously partnering with product managers, engineers, and other design practitioners to develop workable design solutions.
Things you must do well
- Planning and conducting UX research
- Synthesizing of UX research (incl. experience mapping)
- Defining and understanding user flows
- In depth concepting (i.e. Wireframing)
- Writing and working with user stories / job stories, JTBD, or such
- Working in a cross-functional environment (co-design, prototype handover, UX sign-offs)
What you’ll likely work on
- Improving the onboarding experience for new users.
- Data driven interactive tools that help coffee roasters make better and more informed decisions on how to improve coffee quality in the cup.
- Figuring out how we can integrate disjointed, Excel-driven offline processes into a coherent eCommerce workflow that helps our customers grow their business.
At this point Cropster will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in Austria for this opening. For Non-EU applicants: please attach your work permit to your application.
Why you might want to work with us
- We're small, so there are no layers of bureaucracy to work through.
- You can have a huge impact here.
- We care about our people as much as we care about our customers. Work life balance is not only a catchphrase for us and flex time and home office are a given.
- Feedback equals growth for us. Welcoming and sharing insights help us grow personally and professionally.
- People working in the coffee industry are passionate, open, inspiring and just pure joy to work with. There are not many industries that can claim that.
- Purpose. Our ❤ beats for coffee and its industry—from producer to barista—and our work has a lasting impact on it.
- A have a deep appreciation for a good cup of coffee and don’t get through the day without (at least) one.
Why you might not want to work with us
- We’re small, we don't have processes for everything. If you need 100% structure and prefer micromanagement, we won't make you happy.
- We grow and move at a steady pace and still learn new things as we go. If you’re reluctant to change and like things the way they are, we’re probably not a perfect match.
- If the things mentioned in the why you might want to work with us section aren’t for you.