Product Marketing Specialist (f/m/d)
Innsbruck, Austria • Full-time
Cropster is the market leader in software for the specialty coffee industry. We work with farmers, exporters, importers, and roasters in over 80 countries around the world to help them deliver a better cup of coffee in a sustainable way.
We’re a fast-growing business that is highly focused on our customers and the benefits we can bring them through close collaboration — with a successful history of over 15 years. We also believe that work-life balance is more than a catchphrase, it is a part of our success. We encourage empowerment and taking over responsibilities. We provide our team with room to grow within our organization, to develop their interests and expertise whatever their current experience level. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion and embracing diversity in all its forms. We offer fair, competitive, and transparent pay. The range for this position is € 39K to 48K gross and we look at factors like your experience and individual qualifications to determine our offer, which includes benefits like an educational budget and an endless stream of really great coffee. We also make our best possible offer upfront—no games.
Join us and be part of a great team focused on bringing Cropster’s expanding product line to the international market.
About the role
In your role as a Product Marketing Specialist at Cropster you will be in charge of positioning our products and features on the market and communicating their value to (potential) customers. As the interface between our Product Management team and the Smarketing team your focus is to translate technical product features into sellable benefits across our internal and external channels and assets. This requires a detailed understanding of the market, target customer segmentation, value for customers, distinguishing features and/or capabilities, and competitive alternatives.
In this role you will report to the Head of Smarketing and work collaboratively with Sales, Product Management, Marketing, and other teams to drive growth and customer success.
What you’ll do
- Product positioning and Go-to-market: Collaborate with product management to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas and identify opportunities to increase their product awareness. Build on product messaging (e.g. release notes, marketing narrative) that can be used by marketing and sales to set new products apart from others in the market and give them a unique selling point.
- Understand our buyer and user personas: Be the expert on buyers of our products, how they buy and their buying criteria, as well as of the market by following and analyzing market trends to position the product and identify new required capabilities. This includes the development of user personas and user journey maps and collection of data through customer segmentation to market specific features to specific user types.
- Communicate our products' value: Make sure specific user personas understand how the product helps and that it is relevant to their challenges through product content on our communication channels and the product itself.
- Increase adoption and cross-selling: Work together with product and sales teams to enable users to discover and understand the benefits of new features and products that continuously add value to our product.
- Create product content: Own and create content (e.g. data sheets, infographics, solution briefs, white papers, user guides, web tutorials, web content, presentations, sales documentation, product videos, website copy, blog posts, release announcements) to articulate the benefits of the product to our target personas and differentiates the product in the market.
- Sales enablement: Partner with product and sales teams to communicate the value proposition of the product to the sales team, especially for the launch of new products and releases. Develop the sales tools and trainings that support the selling process of the product (Product training, Sales presentations, Demo account) as well as the onboarding of new users (Onboarding process and communication).
We are looking for a person with
- Knowledge of the specialty coffee industry.
- Experience in market analysis and segmentation.
- Experience in copy writing and facilitating trainings.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and education skills.
- The ability to work cross-functionally.
- A strong writer and solid public speaker.
- Analytical mind and strong quantitative skills.
- Experience in market / competitive analysis.
That said, we'd be particularly delighted to hire someone with
- Knowledge of Cropster's products and workflows - maybe you have already worked with Cropster
At this point Cropster will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in Austria/the EU for this opening. For Non-EU applicants: please attach your work permit to your application.
Why you might want to work with us
- We're small, so there are no layers of bureaucracy to work through.
- You can have a huge impact here.
- We care about our people as much as we care about our customers. Work life balance is not only a catchphrase for us and flex time and home office are a given.
- Feedback equals growth for us. Welcoming and sharing insights help us grow personally and professionally.
- People working in the coffee industry are passionate, open, inspiring and just pure joy to work with. There are not many industries that can claim that.
- Purpose. Our ❤ beats for coffee and its industry—from producer to barista—and our work has a lasting impact on it.
- We have a deep appreciation for a good cup of coffee and don’t get through the day without (at least) one.
Why you might not want to work with us
- We’re small, we don't have processes for everything. If you need 100% structure and prefer micromanagement, we won't make you happy.
- We grow and move at a steady pace and still learn new things as we go. If you’re reluctant to change and like things the way they are, we’re probably not a perfect match.
- If the things mentioned in the why you might want to work with us section aren’t for you.