Sales Professional - Cropster Cafe (f/m/d)
Sacramento, California • Full-time
Cropster is the market leader in software for the specialty coffee industry. We work with farmers, exporters, importers and roasters in over 80 countries around the world to help them deliver a better cup of coffee in a sustainable way.
We’re a fast growing business that is highly focused on our customers and the benefits we can bring them through close collaboration — with a successful history of over 10 years. We also believe that work-life balance is more than a catch phrase, it is a part of our success. We encourage empowerment and taking over responsibilities. We provide our team with room to grow within our organization, to develop their interests and expertise whatever their current experience level. We offer fair and competitive pay and we look at factors like your experience and individual qualifications to determine our offer, which includes benefits like an educational budget, an endless stream of really great coffee, as well as medical and dental insurance. We also make our best possible offer upfront—no games.
Join us and be part of a great team focused on bringing Cropster’s expanding product line to the international market.
About the role
In your role you will support Cropster’s Smarketing team in CA and CO in executing our commercial strategies and meeting our sales goals, while always having the best interest of our customers in mind and displaying outstanding customer service.
What you’ll do
- Present and sell Cropster Cafe. Persuade small and large Cafe owners over various on- and offline channels and in your designated sales region with the product’s benefits for their business.
- Guide our customers. Enter a dialogue with prospective customers, assess their business needs, demo our solutions, onboard them and finally convert them to become paying customers.
- Become an expert in your sales region. Collect, confirm and report information about the market, buyer persona rationale and customer requirements as vital input for product development.
- Nurture your pipeline. Support lead-generating marketing activities to improve Cropster Cafe sales in your region.
- Own your stage. Plan and represent Cropster Cafe at on- and offline events, including engagement with customers on a 1:1 and 1:n level (E.g. masterclasses, webinars,...).
- Work against defined goals. Meet performance indicators (KPIs) for the “bottom of the funnel”, report numbers on a frequent basis. Give input and execute on strategies to improve KPIs over time.
- Play with the team. Work cross-functionally with marketing, customer support, customer success and accounting. Proactively provide input to improve customer experience and product strategy.
We are looking for people with:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in sales or account management positions, ideally in the SaaS industry or the specialty coffee industry.
- A relevant bachelor degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Great interpersonal skills, a customer-focused attitude and the ability to communicate with empathy.
- Experience working independently and with very little supervision, or in other words someone who’s a self starter who still enjoys working on a team of motivated people.
- Experience demoing or explaining product benefits and solutions for complex workflows in an understandable and digestible manner.
- An appreciation for flexi-time as our teams and customers operate across multiple time zones.
- Willingness to either work from California or Colorado, working partially remote within those states is a possibility.
That said, we’d be particularly delighted to hire someone with:
- A good technical understanding when it comes to software, hardware and / or the Coffee Industry.
- The experience in selling new, unestablished products or the motivation to take on this challenge.
- Experience in executing sales strategies and making the right decisions for a market or customer segment.
- The drive to exceed sales goals and to be a top performer.
- The flexibility to travel to attend Trade Shows or Workshops.
At this point Cropster will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the US for this opening now and in the future. For Non-US applicants: please attach your work permit to your application.
What we offer:
Flexible hours and work-life balance, what does that mean?
Work-life balance at Cropster means that you'll have time to tend to the life stuff that comes up outside your job. Doctors appointment? Sick kid? Waiting for a handyman? We have all been there and you won't need to plan your life around your working hours to take care of your life. Beside flexible working hours, we also provide the option to work from home if you need to.