Sales Professional - Roast eCommerce (f/m/d)
Sacramento, California • Full-time
Cropster is the market leader in software for the specialty coffee industry. We work with farmers, exporters, importers and roasters in over 80 countries around the world to help them deliver a better cup of coffee in a sustainable way.
We’re a fast growing business that is highly focused on our customers and the benefits we can bring them through close collaboration — with a successful history of over 10 years. We also believe that work-life balance is more than a catch phrase, it is a part of our success. We encourage empowerment and taking over responsibilities. We provide our team with room to grow within our organization, to develop their interests and expertise whatever their current experience level. We offer fair and competitive pay and we look at factors like your experience and individual qualifications to determine our offer, which includes benefits like an educational budget, an endless stream of really great coffee, as well as medical and dental insurance. We also make our best possible offer upfront—no games.
Join us and be part of a great team focused on bringing Cropster’s expanding product line to the international market.
About the role
In your role as a Sales Professional, you will support Cropster’s Smarketing team in executing our commercial strategies and meeting our sales goals, while always having the best interest of our customers in mind and displaying outstanding customer service. The position is open for remote work within the US.
What you’ll do
- Present and sell Cropster Roast products and services with the focus on eCommerce in your designated geographical region to prospective customers.
- Deliver product demos and explain product benefits and workflows in an understandable and digestible manner.
- Confirm and document customer needs and setup requirements and help set up their roasting machine with Cropster.
- Proactively follow up on your sales pipeline, guide new orders from set up into trial and finally convert to a paying customer.
- Become an expert in your designated geographical region and support the Global Sales Lead in building an in depth market intelligence.
- Constantly meet and improve performance indicators and report numbers, market insights and sales strategies frequently to the Global Sales Lead.
- Plan and represent Cropster at on- and offline Events, based on our global commercial strategy, including engagement with customers on a 1:1 and 1:n level (E.g. masterclasses, webinars,...).
- Work cross-functionally with various departments, including but not limited to Customer Support, Customer Success and Accounting.
We are looking for people with:
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in Sales, ideally in the SaaS industry, or extensive experience in the specialty coffee industry as an educator, sales manager or in any other customer centered role.
- Experience in eCommerce (e.g. Woocommerce, Shopify,...)
- A relevant bachelor degree or equivalent work experience.
- Highly professional presentation and written and spoken communication skills in English language.
- An appreciation for flexi-time as our teams and customers operate across multiple time zones.
- Experience working independently and with very little supervision, or in other words someone who’s an organized self starter.
- A track record in outstanding customer satisfaction and great interpersonal skills.
That said, we’d be particularly delighted to hire someone with
- The Ability to present complex contents in an understandable way.
- A track record in meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Experience working with monitoring product adaptation and utilization.
- An outgoing and service oriented personality.
- The ability to work in a fast changing environment and to see uncertainty as an opportunity rather than a threat.
- The flexibility to travel to attend Trade Shows or Workshops.
At this point Cropster will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the US for this opening now and in the future. For Non-US applicants: please attach your work permit to your application.
What we offer:
Flexible hours and work-life balance, what does that mean?
Work-life balance at Cropster means that you'll have time to tend to the life stuff that comes up outside your job. Doctors appointment? Sick kid? Waiting for a handyman? We have all been there and you won't need to plan your life around your working hours to take care of your life. Beside flexible working hours, we also provide the option to work from home if you need to.