QA Automation Engineer (f/m/d)
Innsbruck or Vienna, Austria • Full-time
Cropster is the market leader in software for the specialty coffee industry. We work with farmers, exporters, importers and roasters in over 90 countries around the world to help them deliver a better more sustainable cup of coffee.
We’re a fast growing and highly customer focussed business. With a successful history of over 10 years, close collaboration with customers across the world and the coffee supply chain. We believe that work-life balance is more than a catch phrase; it is a part of our success. We encourage empowerment and taking over responsibilities. We provide our team with room to grow within our organization to develop their interests and expertise whatever their current experience level. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion and embrace diversity in all its forms. We offer fair, competitive, and transparent pay. The range for this position is € 40K to 55K gross and we look at factors like your experience and individual qualifications to determine our offer, which includes benefits like an educational budget and an endless stream of really great coffee. We also make our best possible offer upfront—no games.
We are looking for a highly motivated QA Automation Engineer to become part of our team in Innsbruck. Join us and be part of a great team focused on creating the foundation upon which our core applications and services run. Cropster is growing and our infrastructure needs to keep getting bigger. We are collecting, processing and analyzing a broad range of process data. Our applications discover and visualize insights into roast, sensorial, environmental, brew and other coffee related data sets for our global audience at scale so they can make better and smarter decisions.
About the role
As a quality assurance automation engineer, you will spearhead our efforts in developing automated functional test strategies in an agile environment. Your responsibilities will span across creating, maintaining, and executing test suites and test scripts for our web-based applications. On a daily basis, you will interact with product managers, developers, UI/UX professionals and technical support specialist to collaboratively maintain and enhance the reliability of our services. You will utilize your technical skills to analyze and identify issues, propose solutions and develop and execute test strategies to catch those early on.
What you will do
- Learn about the speciality coffee industry and have an impact on the livelihoods of tens of thousands of coffee producers across the globe
- Collaborate closely with product owners, UX designers, developers in a small cross-functional team during the entire life cycle of a product
- All aspects of the application testing life cycle, including bug reporting, analysis, investigation, documentation, and test execution
- Define, develop and maintain automated UI tests for our web applications
- Perform manual tests in our web applications
- Coordinate QA projects and work together with developers to improve our test processes and concepts
Our technology stack
- Server: Java and Spring (Boot)
- Infrastructure: Linux, MySQL, AWS (EC2, Aurora MySQL, EKS, Lambda, S3, CloudFront, and more) and Docker
- DevTools: Terraform/Terragrunt, DataDog, Sentry, CircleCI, Bitbucket, Jira
We are looking for people with
- Experience in software testing, or web development
- Good grasp of UI test frameworks such as TestCafe, Cypress, Selenium
- A joy for breaking things (or at least trying to)
- A strong command of written and spoken English
At this point Cropster will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in Austria for this opening. For Non-EU Applicants: please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
More about us
What we offer:
Flexible hours and work-life balance, what does that mean?
Work-life balance at Cropster means that you'll have time to tend to the life stuff that comes up outside your job. Doctor's appointment? Sick kid? Waiting for a handyman? We have all been there and you won't need to plan your life around your working hours to take care of your life. Beside flexible working hours, we also provide the option to work from home if you want or need to. Also 38.5 hour/week are the norm, not the exception.
What is it like to live in Innsbruck?
As the capital of the Austrian Alps in Tyrol, Innsbruck is a world-class destination for skiing, snowboarding, hiking, biking, climbing and countless other outdoor activities. It only takes 20 minutes to get from the city center to 2,256 meters above sea level, summer and winter. If you enjoy outdoor sports, it is one of the world leaders—we think #1. It also has a great university, lots of bars, cafes and clubs, a good live music scene, an impressive infrastructure and business environment for a city of its size along with a well-connected airport. Innsbruck is only 30 minutes from Italy and 45 minutes from Germany. Bottom line, outside the office, you are spoiled for choice in Innsbruck.
TL;DR It’s awesome. Seriously.