Product Manager eCommerce (f/m/d)
Innsbruck / Vienna, Austria • Full-time
Cropster is the market leader in software for the specialty coffee industry. We work with farmers, exporters, importers, and roasters in over 90 countries around the world to help them deliver a better cup of coffee in a sustainable way.
We’re a fast-growing business that is highly focused on our customers and the benefits we can bring them through close collaboration—with a successful history of over 15 years. We also believe that work-life balance is more than a catchphrase, it is a part of our success. We encourage empowerment and taking over responsibilities. We provide our team with room to grow within our organization and to develop their interests and expertise whatever their current experience level. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion and embracing diversity in all its forms. We offer fair, competitive, and transparent pay. The range for this position is € 45K to € 55K gross and we look at factors like your experience and individual qualifications to determine our offer, which includes benefits like an educational budget and an endless stream of really great coffee. We also make our best possible offer upfront—no games.
Join us and be part of a great team focused on developing Cropster’s expanding product line, which includes a native desktop application that helps coffee roasters, a mobile application for sensorial tasting and a comprehensive cloud application for managing and analyzing coffee-related data, and more.
About the role
As our Product Manager for our eCommerce solution for coffee roasters, you'll help define the strategy, drive requirements, and deliver products that power transparent and efficient commerce within the global coffee industry.
The pandemic has supercharged the need for all sizes of businesses, even the smallest coffee roasting operations, to embrace eCommerce as a channel. With this opportunity also arose challenges in scaling and handling incoming orders from multiple channels. This is where Roast eCommerce comes into play. It is an extension of our long-term commitment to supporting the industry with targeted solutions that helps the coffee business grow and thrive.
You'll work closely with the other product managers, engineers, UX, support, and sales to decide what features we build. We are looking for someone with a technical background, with experience managing and developing SaaS software products as a product manager in an Agile environment. Someone who can think in technical terms and cares deeply about user experience and our customers' needs. You will learn about the ins and outs of the specialty coffee industry and have an impact on the livelihoods of tens of thousands of coffee producers around the globe.
What you’ll do
- Lead and execute the product strategy.
- Own the product roadmap and lead prioritization & planning.
- Set, track & report on goals, in support of overall company goals.
- Manage the complete product development process - from ideation to launch and beyond.
- Coordinate a cross-functional product development team of designers & engineers.
- Conduct user research & gather, maintain & prioritize customer feedback.
- Prioritize features for implementation, improvement & maintenance.
- Create, prioritize, and maintain a product backlog.
- Estimate time & resource needs for new features & upcoming sprints in collaboration with engineering.
- Clearly communicate product needs & strategic decisions to other stakeholders from sales, marketing, and support.
- Work with other product managers to align goals & development needs and maintain best practices.
- Prepare and coordinate releases with marketing, sales, and support.
What you’ll work on
- A new product that helps coffee roasters to increase operating efficiency.
- A global solution that works for roasters with different setups and workflows around the globe.
- Figure out how our eCommerce solution best integrates with existing solutions that our customers use.
We are looking for someone with
- An in-depth history of success, building products in Product Manager roles at SaaS software companies.
- An entrepreneurial mindset - you must be comfortable rolling up your sleeves, thriving in ambiguity, and getting the work done.
- A genuine excitement for solving user problems and a strong sense of empathy for them.
- Extensive experience owning and driving the building and shipping of complex SaaS products.
- Ability to define and prioritize initiatives while managing complex stakeholder relationships and working cross-functionally.
- Experience collaborating with designers, developers, sales, and customers in an agile environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across multiple projects, and align on goals, and output.
- Ability to clearly express product requirements/tasks to a cross-functional team.
At this point, Cropster will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in Austria for this opening. For Non-EU applicants: please attach your work permit to your application.
Why you might want to work with us
- We're small, so there are no layers of bureaucracy to work through.
- You can have a huge impact here.
- We care about our people as much as we care about our customers. Work-life balance is not only a catchphrase for us and flex time and home office are a given.
- Feedback equals growth for us. Welcoming and sharing insights help us grow personally and professionally.
- People working in the coffee industry are passionate, open, inspiring, and just pure joy working with. There are not many industries that can claim that.
- Purpose. Our ❤ beats for coffee and its industry—from producer to barista—and our work has a lasting impact on it.
- A deep appreciation for a good cup of coffee and don’t get through the day without (at least) one.
Why you might not want to work with us
- We’re small, and we don't have processes for everything. If you need 100% structure and prefer micromanagement, this job will not make you happy.
- We grow and move at a steady pace and still learn new things as we go. If you’re reluctant to change and like things the way they are, we’re probably not a perfect match.
- If the things mentioned in the why you might want to work with us section aren’t for you.