Product Designer - UX/UI (f/m/d)
Innsbruck / Vienna, Austria • Full-time
We are looking for a User Experience Designer. Someone who can help us improve our customer’s experience using our products so they can produce a better cup of coffee.
Cropster is the market leader in software for the specialty coffee industry. We work with farmers, exporters, importers and roasters in over 80 countries around the world to help them deliver a better cup of coffee in a sustainable way.
We’re a fast growing business that is highly focused on our customers and the benefits we can bring them through close collaboration — with a successful history of over 10 years. We also believe that work-life balance is more than a catch phrase, it is a part of our success. We encourage empowerment and taking over responsibilities. We provide our team with room to grow within our organization, to develop their interests and expertise whatever their current experience level. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion and embrace diversity in all its forms. We offer fair, competitive, and transparent pay. The range for this position is € 36K to € 48K gross and we look at factors like your experience and individual qualifications to determine our offer, which includes benefits like an educational budget, an endless stream of really great coffee, as well as a company wide bonus based on shared goals. We also make our best possible offer upfront—no games.
Join us and be part of a great team focused on developing Cropster’s expanding product line, which includes a native desktop application that helps coffee roasters, a mobile application for sensorial tasting and a comprehensive cloud application for managing and analyzing coffee related data and more.
About the role
Product design at Cropster starts at the people that use our products, those with critical roles at every step of the coffee supply chain: farmers, roasters, production managers, and baristas are a few among them. From observation and other qualitative and quantitative data, you’ll ideate cross-functionally and tailor improvements to the usability and look and feel, as well as collaboratively generate new ideas to be realised in an agile environment.
What you’ll do
- Discover & understand the user of our products and the problems they face, based on research goals set by yourself and the Product Managers.
- Help define the boundaries of the problem space with user stories.
- Ideate and prototype with flows, sketches, wireframes, low to high fidelity.
- Conduct feasibility checks, reviews, refinements, workshops, design critiques, co-design sessions, etc. with internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform validation of your concepts, at different stages of the design process, with the relevant stakeholders (Product, Engineering, Design, User).
- Contribute to our Design Principles, our Methods Bank and our Design Operations.
Things you must do well
- Planning and conducting UX research through different methods like ethnography/observation, interviews, surveys, card sorting…
- Synthesizing and maintaining a database of UX research
- Helping refine, update and create new personas based on insights
- Defining and understanding user flows
- Writing / working with user stories/job stories, JTBD, or such
- Identify success metrics that help validate findings and diagnose with data.
- Working in cross-functional environments
- Working with design systems
- Awareness in accessibility and performance in software
Nice to have
- Experience in e-commerce, manufacturing, and/or data visualisation
- Experience working on software products
At this point Cropster will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in Austria for this opening. For Non-EU applicants: please attach your work permit to your application.
Why you might want to work with us
- We're small, so there are no layers of bureaucracy to work through.
- You can have a huge impact here.
- We care about our people as much as we care about our customers. Work life balance is not only a catchphrase for us and flex time and home office are a given.
- Feedback equals growth for us. Welcoming and sharing insights help us grow personally and professionally.
- People working in the coffee industry are passionate, open, inspiring and just pure joy to work with. There are not many industries that can claim that.
- Purpose. Our ❤ beats for coffee and its industry—from producer to barista—and our work has a lasting impact on it.
- We have a deep appreciation for a good cup of coffee and don’t get through the day without (at least) one.
Why you might not want to work with us
- We’re small, we don't have processes for everything. If you need 100% structure and prefer micromanagement, we won't make you happy.
- We grow and move at a steady pace and still learn new things as we go. If you’re reluctant to change and like things the way they are, we’re probably not a perfect match.
- If the things mentioned in the why you might want to work with us section aren’t for you.