Sales Professional (f/m/d)
Innsbruck ⎜ Vienna, Austria
or EU remote• Full-time
Cropster is the market leader in software for the specialty coffee industry. We work with farmers, exporters, importers and roasters in over 90 countries around the world to help them deliver a better cup of coffee in a sustainable way.
We’re a fast growing business that is highly focused on our customers and the benefits we can bring them through close collaboration—with a successful history of over 10 years. We also believe that work-life balance is more than a catch phrase, it is a part of our success. We encourage empowerment and taking over responsibilities. We provide our team with room to grow within our organization, to develop their interests and expertise whatever their current experience level. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion and embrace diversity in all its forms. We offer fair, competitive, and transparent pay. The range for this position is
€ 39K to € 54K gross and we look at factors like your experience and individual qualifications to determine our offer, which includes benefits like an educational budget and an endless stream of really great coffee. We also make our best possible offer upfront—no games.
Join us and be part of a great team focused on developing Cropster’s expanding product line, which includes a native desktop application that helps coffee roasters, a mobile application for sensorial tasting and a comprehensive cloud application for managing and analyzing coffee related data and more.
About the role
You are aware that sales means more than just pitching a product to potential customers? You like to break down a global strategy to your own market, create a network in your (niche) market and use both wisely to increase sales? Then our Sales Professional position might be right for you.In your role you will support Cropster’s Marketing team in executing our commercial strategies and meeting our sales goals, while always having the best interest of our customers in mind and displaying outstanding customer service.
What you’ll do
- Identify key players within the industry and build a network in order to stay up to date regarding current topics and use those accordingly to support Smarketing activities and the development of your region.
- Support lead-generating Smarketing activities to improve product sales across your regional channels, especially where- and whenever regional knowledge and / or language skills are required (webinars, mailings, etc).
- Become an expert in your designated geographical region, break down the global Cropster strategy and match it for your market and together with the Global Sales Lead build an in-depth market intelligence.
- Identify customer needs and then sell Cropster products and services based on these needs. Then guide prospective customers through the setup process into trial and convert them to customers before handing over to customer success.
- Establish an open dialogue with customers and represent Cropster at on- and offline Events, including engagement with customers on a 1:1 and 1:n level (E.g. masterclasses, webinars,...).
- Constantly meet and improve performance indicators and report numbers, market insights and sales strategies frequently to the Global Sales Lead.
- Work cross-functionally with various departments, including but not limited to Customer Support, Customer Success and Accounting.
We are looking for people with
- Preferably a background within the coffee industry.
- A sense of ownership and the ability to work independently on agreed upon goals.
- The desire to maintain close collaboration and open communication in teams.
- An appreciation for giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- The ability to structure and prioritize workdays in accordance with the overall goals and strategy.
- Strong communication skills in written and spoken English (German would be a bonus).
- Great interpersonal skills, a customer-focused attitude and the ability to communicate with empathy.
- The confidence to work in a fast changing environment where uncertainty is perceived as an opportunity rather than a threat.
- Willingness to travel to Trade Shows / Workshops and represent Cropster to larger audiences (~15%).
At this point Cropster will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in Austria for this opening. For Non-EU applicants: please attach your work permit to your application.
More about us
Flexible hours and work-life balance, what does that mean?
Work-life balance at Cropster means that you'll have time to tend to the life stuff that comes up outside your job. Doctors appointment? Sick kid? Waiting for a handyman? We have all been there and you won't need to plan your life around your working hours to take care of your life. Beside flexible working hours, we also provide the option to work from home if you want or need to. Also 38.5 hour/week are the norm, not the exception.
What is it like to live in Innsbruck?
As the capital of the Austrian Alps in Tyrol, Innsbruck is a world class destination for skiing, snowboarding, hiking, biking, climbing and countless other outdoor activities. It only takes 20 minutes to get from the city center to 2,256 meters above sea level, summer and winter. If you enjoy outdoor sports it is one of the world leaders—we think #1. It also has a great university, lots of bars, cafes and clubs, a good live music scene, an impressive infrastructure and business environment for a city of its size along with a well connected airport. Innsbruck is only 30 minutes from Italy and 45 minutes from Germany. Bottom line, outside the office you are spoiled for choice in Innsbruck.
TL;DR It’s awesome. Seriously.
Working out of our new office in Vienna is awesome; here is why.
Vienna is more than a world-class city. In 2018 it was awarded city with the highest quality of life for the 9th time in a row! As the capital of Austria, Vienna sits at the heart of Europe. It combines nature and city with over 2000 parks. Well known for music, museums and coffee house culture, Vienna is also the home of the German-speaking worlds largest University. It is an amazing University town with all the activities, resources, and nightlife you could want. It is also a terrific city for families if that is your thing. An additional benefit to Vienna - Cropster's Innsbruck headquarters is only a few hours away by train making business trips combined with pleasure trips in the heart of the Austrian Alps a real possibility.
TL;DR It’s a fantastic place to live. That's why it keeps getting awards.