Team Lead Product Management (f/m/d)
Innsbruck, Austria • Full-time
Cropster is the market leader in software for the specialty coffee industry. We work with farmers, exporters, importers and roasters in over 80 countries around the world to help them deliver a better cup of coffee in a sustainable way.
We’re a fast growing business that is highly focused on our customers and the benefits we can bring them through close collaboration — with a successful history of over 10 years. We also believe that work-life balance is more than a catch phrase, it is a part of our success. We encourage empowerment and taking over responsibilities. We provide our team with room to grow within our organization, to develop their interests and expertise whatever their current experience level. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion and embrace diversity in all its forms. We offer fair, competitive, and transparent pay. The range for this position is € 60K to 70K gross and we look at factors like your experience and individual qualifications to determine our offer, which includes benefits like an educational budget and an endless stream of really great coffee. We also make our best possible offer upfront—no games.
Join us and be part of a great team focused on bringing Cropster’s expanding product line to the international market.
About the role
Product leadership at Cropster breaks down into three main components: Clear vision for our product portfolio, driving continuous process improvement initiatives across the product organization and building and growing an exceptional team.
As Team Lead of Product Management, you will be responsible for a team of product managers and initiatives spanning across our product portfolio. You will oversee the company product vision and strategy—to improve coffee quality and transparency across the entire supply chain—and work with the Product team on making it a reality.
To realize our mission, we expanded our product portfolio and launched additional products over the last few years. Which are now in different stages of their life-cycle.You need to have exceptional leadership skills and an understanding of how to manage a growing and diverse set of products and group of highly talented individuals through a period of significant company momentum and change.
What you’ll do
- Lead and mentor the team and be their sparring partner in their effort to drive the product development process. Serve as an advocate for the team and be their voice within the organization.
- Provide recurring training and coaching on skills to build and define market-driven products.
- Consolidate product strategies across our portfolio and set achievable goals for the product team that are in alignment with desired outcomes for both, the business and our customers.
- Ensure alignment on top priorities across our various products and support the team in deciding where to invest time and energy by understanding our customers, competitors and the market.
- Cultivate a data driven approach to measure, evaluate and ultimately understand the problems, needs and desires of your customers, which in return serves as a baseline for our product managers in crafting stories and hypotheses and making well-grounded product decisions.
- Set the frame for the team in which they constantly iterate our products to better meet our user needs and solve their pain points while growing the business and meeting our company objectives.
- Oversee the execution of plans for the products to ensure financial (budgets, revenue projections and cash flow) and strategic goals are met and to achieve end user satisfaction.
- Bear end-to-end responsibility for the team’s product development efforts from initial design to launching and distributing the product.
- Coordinate with the UX/UI team lead on the product design strategy and implementation.
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing in establishing a process which ensures our customers understand the full range of our product’s benefits.
- Shape and define interfaces with internal and external stakeholders and ensure a constant and transparent flow of information between the product management team and relevant parties.
- Create an environment where great ideas are heard, evaluated and invested in and projects and initiatives across departments, customers and other stakeholders run smoothly.
We are looking for a person with
- Multiple years of experience in product management within the software industry, preferably with a focus on B2B solutions.
- A proven track record in product development, scoping and management, preferably in a Software as a Service (SaaS) context.
- A proven ability to develop others.
- A firm interest in technology and the ability to grasp technical products quickly.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and expertise in building and growing a team.
- A people first mindset but also with strong desire to structure their work through clearly defined and transparent processes.
- The confidence to see uncertainty rather as an opportunity than a threat.
- The ability to take a data-driven and analytical approach, while keeping the user front and center.
- An affinity to work with people from diverse backgrounds and to collaborate cross functionally.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
At this point Cropster will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in Austria/the EU for this opening. For Non-EU applicants: please attach your work permit to your application.
Why you might want to work with us
- We're small, so there are no layers of bureaucracy to work through.
- You can have a huge impact here.
- We care about our people as much as we care about our customers. Work life balance is not only a catchphrase for us and flex time and home office are a given.
- Feedback equals growth for us. Welcoming and sharing insights help us grow personally and professionally.
- People working in the coffee industry are passionate, open, inspiring and just pure joy to work with. There are not many industries that can claim that.
- Purpose. Our ❤ beats for coffee and its industry—from producer to barista—and our work has a lasting impact on it.
- We have a deep appreciation for a good cup of coffee and don’t get through the day without (at least) one.
Why you might not want to work with us
- We’re small, we don't have processes for everything. If you need 100% structure and prefer micromanagement, we won't make you happy.
- We grow and move at a steady pace and still learn new things as we go. If you’re reluctant to change and like things the way they are, we’re probably not a perfect match.
- If the things mentioned in the why you might want to work with us section aren’t for you.