Administrative Assistant (f/m/d)
Sacramento, California • Full-time
Cropster is the market leader in software for the specialty coffee industry. We work with farmers, exporters, importers and roasters in over 80 countries around the world to help them deliver a better cup of coffee in a sustainable way.
We’re a fast growing business that is highly focused on our customers and the benefits we can bring them through close collaboration — with a successful history of over 10 years. We also believe that work-life balance is more than a catch phrase, it is a part of our success. We encourage empowerment and taking over responsibilities. We provide our team with room to grow within our organization, to develop their interests and expertise whatever their current experience level. We offer fair and competitive pay and we look at factors like your experience and individual qualifications to determine our offer, which includes benefits like an educational budget, an endless stream of really great coffee, as well as medical and dental insurance. We also make our best possible offer upfront—no games.
Join us and be part of a great team focused on bringing Cropster’s expanding product line to the international market.
About the role
Cropster Inc. has an immediate full-time opening for an Administrative Assistant in Natomas. The ideal candidate will have a variety of skills that can benefit our thriving company. This position will be on-site, with the potential for remote work part of the time in the future.
Core duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Guarantee the offices and its equipment are in working order and meet required safety standards and proactively coordinate facility maintenance activities if needed.
- Oversee the stock of office supplies to ensure that our (home) offices have access to office materials and supplies as needed and track equipment inventory and office stock accurately.
- Take care of the day to day office activities such as handling the mail, incoming and outgoing shipments and greeting visitors.
- Coordinate external events (inc. travel itineraries and shipping needs) across various departments to ensure smooth, well-run, and cost-effective events.
- Support employee life cycle activities such as onboarding, time keeping, PTO tracking, payroll, and off-boarding and help establish HR policies and procedures.
- Review and categorize incoming and outgoing invoices, verify with the responsible budget owner if needed and support accounting activities within Quickbooks online.
- Support the reconciliation of our bank accounts on a monthly basis and the annual filings and reporting for government compliance.
- Track and calculate sales partner commission on a quarterly basis and update systems monthly with latest discounts.
We are looking for a person with
- First experience in a comparable, preferably administrative role.
- Proficiency with Google Suite or Microsoft Office, in particular Google Sheets or Excel.
- Experience working with Quickbooks.
- A Self-starter mentality who thrives with working independently.
- The ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to compose documents and reports.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills with the ability to to remain calm under pressure.
That said we’d be particularly interested in hiring someone with
- Familiarity with local labor law regulations.
- Additional language skills.
- Experience with Mac OS.
- Experience in an international environment.
At this point Cropster will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the US for this opening now and in the future. For Non-US applicants: please attach your work permit to your application.
What we offer:
Flexible hours and work-life balance, what does that mean?
Work-life balance at Cropster means that you'll have time to tend to the life stuff that comes up outside your job. Doctors appointment? Sick kid? Waiting for a handyman? We have all been there and you won't need to plan your life around your working hours to take care of your life. Beside flexible working hours, we also provide the option to work from home if you need to.