Last Modified: November 27, 2019
This Policy summarizes (i) the general information We collect when you access our Cropster website located at www.cropster.com (the "Site"), access or use the Cropster application available in app stores (the "Application"), and/or when you use any Cropster products or services (collectively referred to herein as "Services"), (ii) how We use such information, and (iii) with whom such information is shared.
This Policy applies to the information We collect (i) on this Site or via the Application; (ii) in email communications between you and this Site; and (iii) through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Site, which provides non-browser-based interaction between you and the Services.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand how your information is collected and handled. By accessing the Site or the Application, or by transmitting information to us electronically or in hard copy, or by otherwise using our Services, you agree with the terms of this Policy and consent to Cropster's collection, use and disclosure of your information as described below.
Cropster's Site includes links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Cropster. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy policies. Cropster encourages you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
Your privacy is critically important to us. Therefore, We have a few fundamental principles:
- We do not ask you for personal information unless it is required to provide functionality or service.
- We do not share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, to develop our Services, or protect our rights.
- We treat your personal information with the highest regard to privacy and security.
The Services are operated, and maintained by:
Sterzinger Straße 1
Information Collection and Storage
We collect and store several types of information from and about users of our Site and Services, including the following information:
Information You Provide
To use the Services, you must first complete the registration form and agree to our Terms of Service. During registration you will be required to provide personal information such as your name, email address, country of residence, company name and password. Cropster will also collect your credit card or other payment information if you choose to become a paying customer.
There are several other chances you might share personal information with Cropster. This may include information about your equipment (e.g. roast machine manufacturer), employee names and suppliers.
You may decide to send Cropster personally identifying information in an email message which might contain information or inquiries about Cropster's Services. Cropster will use this information to identify you as a Cropster customer and to respond to the electronic mail. Cropster will only use the information obtained to resolve the issue identified in the e-mail.
Do not Track
We honor do not track signals and do not track, or plant cookies when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
As you navigate through and interact out with our Site, We may automatically collect information using "cookies" and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website, and web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or in our emails. They are used, for example, to count website visits or to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon. Cookies help Cropster, among other things, to keep you logged into the Services, so you do not have to re-enter your username and password repeatedly during a session; perform traffic analysis; identify visitor preferences; conduct A/B testing; diagnose problems with our servers, and otherwise administer the Services.
You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all aspects of the Service or access certain parts our Site.
When you use the Service, We automatically record information from your device, its software, and your activity using the Services log files. This information may include the device's protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, operating system, Java version, Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), error messages, date and time stamps associated with the transactions, the website you visited before visiting the Site, information you search on the Site, your mobile carrier, metadata concerning the Services, and other interactions with the Service. We use this data for analysis and troubleshooting.
This Site uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). Google Analytics uses "cookies" to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Google Analytics records data such as your geographic location, device, internet browser and operating system. We request Google Analytics to apply IP anonymization, so your computer’s IP address is masked.
For more information, please see the Hotjar Data Safety, Privacy & Security Policy.
You can object to the storage of a user profile and information concerning your visit to our website by Hotjar, as well as to the use of Hotjar tracking cookies on other websites, by clicking on this link: https://www.hotjar.com/legal/compliance/opt-out.
Emails and Contact Forms
Pages on the Site have a contact button, which activates your email software, or a contact form to send your comments to a specific functional mailbox.
When you send such a message, your personal data is collected and processed only to the extent necessary to reply to your enquire.
All of the information you provide during the process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfill legal or regulatory requirements if necessary.
The information you provide will be held securely by us and/or our data processors (email transfer and file storage) whether the information is sent electronically or physical format and not retained longer than necessary.
We will use the contact details you provide to us to contact you to progress your application. We will use the other information you provide to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for.
Use of Your Information
We will only use information held about you for the following purposes:
Information you give to us
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from Cropster.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Cropster.
- To allow Cropster to provide you with the Services.
- In any other way We may describe when you provide the information.
- To administer your account and keep track of billing and payments.
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To notify you about changes to our Services.
Information we collect about you
- To administer our Services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our Service to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
By using the Service, you agree that we can access, aggregate and use non-personally identifiable data we have collected from you. This data will in no way identify you or any other individual. We may use this aggregated non-personally identifiable data to:
- Assist us to better understand how our customers are using the Service.
- Provide our customers with further information regarding the uses and benefits of the Service.
- Provide useful business insights from the aggregated data.
Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
Cropster will only share your personal information with third parties under the following circumstances:
- Cropster has your consent;
- To Cropster's subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To Cropster's contractors, services providers, and other third parties We use to support our business;
- To a buyer or other successor of Cropster in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Cropster's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or other similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Cropster about our Site users is among the assets transferred;
- If Cropster determines that it is required to do so by law; such as in response to a court order or subpoena;
- If Cropster finds that you are in breach of its terms of service or any of its policies or usage guidelines for specific products or Services, including any agreements regarding billing and collection;
- If Cropster determines it is necessary prevent, investigate, detect or prosecute criminal offenses or attacks on the technical integrity of the Services or Cropster's network;
- If Cropster believes disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Cropster or its employees, the users of its Services, or the public; or
- If disclosure facilitates technical and administrative aspects of the Services (e.g., credit card processing), offering customer service, or perform functions related to the administration of them (e.g. hosting services). However, Cropster is not responsible in the event that personal information is disclosed at a result of a breach or security lapse by any such third party.
Protection of Your Personal Information
Cropster has implemented reasonable security mechanisms to protect personal information that is maintained on Cropster's servers from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Examples of these security mechanisms include limited and password-protected access, high security public/private keys, and SSL encryption to protect transmission of data.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
However, please keep in mind that no security system is impenetrable. It may be possible for third parties to intercept or access personal information in spite of these measures. Cropster cannot guarantee the security of your information and cannot be held responsible for unauthorized access to Cropster client accounts or any circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the Site.
Policy Toward Children
If you are under 18, or not legally considered to be an adult in the jurisdiction in which you reside, you may only use the Services with the consent of your parent or legal guardian. Additionally, Cropster's Services are not directed to persons under 13, and Cropster does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or register for any features on the Site, make any purchases through the Site, use any of the interactive features of this Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without their consent, he or she should contact us firstname.lastname@example.org. If We become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without verification of parental consent, We will take steps to delete such information from our files.
If you wish to subscribe to our marketing communications, we will use your name and email address to send communications to you. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You may elect to stop receiving our marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in such emails.
Access to information
You have the right to access information held about you.
Right to deletion, rectification and data export
We permit you to delete, rectify and export information you have provided to us, subject to the conditions of our Terms of Service and our legal obligations set out below.
We retain Personal Data for as long as we provide the Services to you or your account remains open. However, we may keep some data after your account is closed or you cease using the Service, for the purposes set out below.
After you have closed your account we may retain Personal Data where reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, resolve disputes, enforce our Terms of Service, offer new features you may be interested in, or fulfill your request to "unsubscribe" from further messages from us.
We will retain de-personalized information after your account has been closed.
Applicable Data Protection Law
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the data controller is Cropster GmbH a company registered in Austria with number FN 304802p, with its registered office at Sterzinger Straße 1, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria.
Where we store your Personal Data
Our Service is accessible via the Internet and may potentially be accessed by any user around the world. Other users may access the Service from outside the EEA. This means that where you chose to upload your data to the Service, it could be accessed from anywhere around the world and therefore a transfer of your data outside of the EEA may be deemed to have occurred. You consent to such transfer of your data for and by way of this purpose.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share any password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Service; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Cropster welcomes your questions and comments about security and privacy. Please send any questions or comments via email to email@example.com or by mail to the following address:
Sterzinger Straße 1